Balance Testing From ENT Professionals in the Wesley Chapel & Trinity, FL, Area
Scotch Institute of Ear Nose & Throat is pleased to offer balance testing to residents of the Wesley Chapel, Florida, area. Provided at our center in Wesley Chapel, a balance test—also referred to as a videonystagmography (VNG)—is performed to test for vestibular system disorders, which are problems that disrupt the balance structures in the inner ear. Common vestibular disorders include Meniere’s disease, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), vestibular migraine, and age-related imbalance and dizziness.
Do I Need Balance Testing?
It may be time to receive a balance test if you are experiencing potential symptoms of a vestibular disorder, which can include:
- Difficulty balancing
- Involuntary eye movements (nystagmus)
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- A feeling of pressure or fullness in one or both ears
What Does a Balance Test Entail?
Balance testing at Scotch Institute of ENT is performed in a dimly lit exam room. You’ll rest comfortably in a chair and wear special goggles with a camera that records eye movements. Testing involves three main parts, including:
- Caloric testing to test for inner ear damage by blowing cool and warm air into the ears
- Ocular testing that involves watching moving and stationary dots
- Positional testing to check for signs of nystagmus by strategically turning the head and body
Find the Answers You Need
Our chief goal at Scotch Institute of Ear Nose & Throat is to help our patients achieve their best health and quality of life. If you’re experiencing the disruptive symptoms of a vestibular system disorder, we encourage you to visit us for balance testing and let our specialists provide the relief you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a virtual consultation or an in-person appointment at our Wesley Chapel center near Trinity.